The Government of India has indicated its intention to actively support innovation in the Nation. The Government has also announced the creation of the Atal Innovation Mission. Source: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=116186 ; Concerned ministry: http://niti.gov.in/content/aim.php
Venture Center supports the Innovate India Mission:
- Venture Center is India’s India’s largest inventive enterprises incubator(As of 31 March 2015, Venture Center was home to 31 resident entities).
- Venture Center is the first and only business incubator in the CSIR system (CSIR is India’s largest publicly funded R&D organization).Venture Center is the pioneer in India with regards to the creation of spin-off entities from publicly funded research organizations(10 spin-off companies created from CSIR).
- Venture Center is one of the very few incubators in India that focuses on and can support startups leveraging the chemical, materials and biological sciences and engineering.
- Venture Center is focused on supporting the earliest stage entrepreneurs (90% of incubatees are at concept, proof of concept or prototype stage).
- Most start-ups at Venture Center are founded by highly qualified founders (80% of incubatees have PhD/ MTech/ MBA degrees and advanced research experience from leading academic and research institutes around the world including IITs, IISc, US/UK universities etc)
- Venture Center is the incubator with the richest technology innovation ecosystem in India with the widest array of service offerings, infrastructural facilities including specialized scientific facilities, IP facilitation center, Library, funding options, internal mentoring capabilities, technical and mentor networks, etc.
Examples of innovative startups from Venture Center’s portfolio of incubatee companies:
- Innovation Biologicals
- Shantani Proteome
- Module Innovation
- Genrich Membranes
- Orthocrafts Innovation
- Biolmed Innovation
- Barefeet Analytics
- Anweshan (?)