Venture Center Trainees
Venture Center would like to encourage under-graduate and graduate students to get involved with our activities. We are looking for "Trainees" who are interested in technology innovation, commercialization, incubation & entrepreneurship.
- These are informal roles; Trainees will not be considered Venture Center employees/staff. Trainee positions are not paid positions; however monetary awards may be given for outstanding performance.
- Trainees get to decide how much time they can commit to Venture Center. Trainees can work off-site most of the time.
- Trainees can work throughout the year; there is no fixed duration.
- Trainees get to choose from a range of projects such as primary & secondary market research, technology due diligence, sales & marketing, intellectual property analysis, valuation & fund-raising, event management, etc.
The Trainee role offers a unique view into the world of science & technology entrepreneurs. Depending on the duration, Trainees can expect to gain a broad range of exposure and skills related to identifying business opportunities, incubating startups and launching technology spin-offs.
Sample projects for Trainees to work on:
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for Venture Center
- Develop a network of angels/mentors in Venture Center's focus areas
- Identify international sources of funds for Indian entrepreneurs
- Identify international sources of funds for Venture Center
- Develop & launch a course on technology commercialization
- Market Venture Center's infrastructural services
- Design and manage large-scale events at Venture Center (eg. NCL showcase)
- Research and write market/industry reports
- Conduct market surveys on specific/focus areas and identify and work with potential partners
- Perform preliminary technology evaluations/due-diligence for NCL technologies
- Assist in consulting projects with the industry/government projects
- BE / BTech / MBA students or graduates
- Strong interest in various aspects of technology entrepreneurship
Those interested can email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following details:
- Latest resume/CV
- Specific area/project of interest
- Time commitment to VC
Venture Center will call selected candidates for interviews.
Upon successful completion of the assigned project(s), Venture Center will give a Certificate, and also mentor Trainees on career opportunities.