The Government of India announced the Swasth Bharat mission in 2012. More recently, the Minister of Health linked the Swasth Bharat mission to the Swachch Bharat mission. Source: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=82109 ; http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=110268 ; Concerned ministries: http://www.mohfw.nic.in/ ; http://www.dbtindia.nic.in/
The Venture Center stands committed to the Swasthya Bharat mission.
- 70+% of Venture Center’s incubatees are working in the area of biotech/biomed products and services. They are developing new solutions in therapeutics, diagnostics, devices etc.
- The Venture Center operates India’s largest (in terms of number of incubatees) Bioincubator supported by BIRAC (Dept of Biotechnology).
- Some examples of incubatee companies contributing to this mission are:
- Shantani Proteome; Tania Paul
- Preventives/ vaccines
- Seagull Biosolutions; Innovation Biologicals
- Surgical products
- Medical devices
- Nutrition and wellness
- Abhiruchi probiotics
- Assisted living
- Proactive Technical Orthopaedics; Afferent