The Government of India has announced several missions aimed at rural and urban development including:
- Smart Villages/ Reurban Mission: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/printrelease.aspx?relid=126934
- Smart Cities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Cities_Mission
- AMRUT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atal_Mission_for_Rejuvenation_and_Urban_Transformation
Team Venture Center is contributing to these missions through technology interventions:
- BitChem is deploying CSIR-CRRI’s cold mix road laying technology in rural India.
- The following startups are focused on energy solutions for rural India: Gram Oorja (Energy); BOPEEI (Energy); ShashwatOorja (Energy and waste)
- The following incubatees are focused on rural entrepreneurship and technology interventions for rural India: SSP (women entrepreneurship and rural retail); Villagineer (matching problems/needs and solutions for rural india); Halya (skills and entrepreneurship in Naxal hit areas)
- Affordable and appropriate health care products: Jeevtronics (Defibrillator); Sofomo (ECG and other handheld); Genrich (low cost oxygen enrichment device) and several other diagnostic and medical device products.
- Next generation biopesticides (Swasti Agro) and new testing methods to make Indian agro and dairy products more attractive for export markets (Barefeet Analytics)
- Noble Exchange, an incubatee company,operates food waste management plants for Bengaluru and Pune cities