Associate Incubatee Program
(Revised 27 February 2012)
About the Program
The Associate Incubatee Program (AIP) at Venture Center is an incubation program that aims to support and nurture entrepreneurial science-based companies which are not physically located in the Venture Center premises.
- The program aims to support and nurture entrepreneurial science-based companies which are not physically located in the Venture Center premises with advice and referrals, address services, service offerings, access to resources, for networking and visibility.
- An Associate Incubatee of the Venture Center shall become a brand conveying a spirit of "Scientific Innovation" and a company that brings high ethical standards and has access to quality services, relevant resources and rich networks. Start-ups will, thus, get an opportunity to use the associated brand value.
- Enrollment into Associate Incubatee Program is through either Rent an Address or Eklavya service.
Membership Criteria and Eligibilty
The Venture Center is selective in admitting members into its Associate Incubatee Program. The Venture Center strives to ensure that any member of the Associate Incubatee Program is associated with being a science-led entrepreneurial company with high ethical standards that has access to quality services, relevant resources and rich networks. In this context, eligibility criteria include:
- Applicant is a start-up body corporate or individual planning to start a body corporate or new venture (independently registered or proposed to be registered) of an existing organization. Social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations are also eligible.
- Business/ proposed business is based on research-based know-how. The business/ proposed business shall complement the "innovation" theme of the NCL Innovation Park.
- Other eligibility criteria include a) EHS and ethical considerations relating to promoters/ company activities, b) company needs to be relatively early stage start-ups. (These considerations are discussed at http://www.venturecenter.co.in/docs/VC_Eligibility_ Guidelines.pdf )
- This program is not available to resident incubatees.
- Please note that members of the Associate Incubatee Program are not eligible for service tax benefits and any other concessions announced by the Government for resident incubate companies.
- Certain funding programs of the Venture Center are reserved for resident incubatee companies. The decision to open it to AIP members rests with the Scheme Managers of the Government and/ or the Investment Committee. Venture Center cannot assure AIP members of the right to participate in all funding programs.
How to become an Associate Incubatee of Venture Center.
An applicant can become an Associate Incubatee by enrolling for any one of the programs below:
- Address Service - Enterprises can use "NCL Innovation Park address". Includes Postal address, mailbox, email intimation and basic reception services.
- Eklavya Services - Program for Advisory and Mentor Support with Library and IPFACE membership.
- Include Program - Exclusively for Social Enterprises.
AIP membership is not available for resident incubatees of Venture Center.
100, NCL Innovation Park
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road
Pune - 411008
Phone: +91-20-2586-5877/ +91-20-6401-1026